MAISIE MAUDLIN
survival of the fittest [skirmish]
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2024 20:40:53 GMT
MAISIE MAUDLIN Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","widecurve"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","charicon"]
she doesn't usually do things like this anymore. there used to be a time in her life that she lived for the thrill of the chase, the adrenaline that came from putting her life on the line. that thrill gradually turned into something more obsessive, something more destructive, something that ended up costing her everything. now she holds back, not wanting to lose herself in it ever again. she can't change the past, but she can control her future.[break][break]

sometimes, though, she makes the executive decision to overrule her logic and just go wild.[break][break]

she despises team rocket. she won't let them take another region. she's seen up close and personal how bad things got in kanto, how bad they still are, and she doesn't want that to happen to hoenn as well. so here she is, dressed up like some sort of vigilante, stalking the route in the hopes of finding someone, anyone she can chase off. that's how she ended up here, challenging an adversary she knows nothing about.[break][break]

she holds a pokeball out. "call out your first pokemon," the hooded woman tells yotsu, no trace of her usual warmth left in her voice. "or i'll make sure you never come back here."

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]i'll gouge you out with my fangs.[break]
[break]
[break] [ outfit ref ]
[break]
[break]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cloud-moon"]

[newclass=".widecurve"]--accent:#efd364; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .charicon"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/N7XVHRk/maisie-icon-6.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve blockquote b, .widecurve blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .widecurve blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .widecurve blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 340px; padding:50px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 50px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .bottom b, .widecurve .bottom i"]color:var(--accent); } .widecurve .bottom b { font-size:14px!important } .widecurve .bottom u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline solid; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .credit a"]font-size:12px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:100px; bottom:10px; opacity:0.3;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

DAN

She/Her
December 13
Ecruteak City
Bisexual
Kimono Girl
Grunt
LIFT YOUR SKINNY FISTS LIKE ANTENNAS TO HEAVEN
awards
11 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yotsukura
Yotsukura Yotsugami
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2024 21:02:15 GMT
Yotsukura Yotsugami Avatar

Oh, dear.

The thin line of her lips curls upwards into something approaching a sneer as she studies the younger woman, her own hands claspedw together serenely within the folds of her kimono. She isn't one for overt displays of passion, and this one drips with it, expels her anger through each exhale, each twitch of her muscles. A righteous sort of anger, she would expect. That's entirely reasonable, after all.

--There's no place on this earth for a group like Team Rocket, after all.

She's heard of their brutality, too, of course, and seen it now firsthand with her arrival at Petalburg. And yet, it doesn't bother her, not particularly. That's just how she is, she supposes. If something still has use to her, she can look past its flaws. It's very high-minded, when she puts like that. Very utilitarian.

Call it the wisdom of a life lost, or simple amorality. She doesn't much care, either way. Still, there are practices that must be observed.

"...Very well, then. I'll withhold my name, but I accept your challenge. I was trained in battle at the Ecruteak Theater, and I am carrying six battle-capable Pokemon. I am honored to be your opponent today."

She bows in a way that might be mistaken for reverence, were it not for the way her eyes did not change an inch in the course of introduciton. Always fixated on her foe, as any warrior must. Then, she draws herself up, and her eyes finally narrow, just a little.

--Who is the hunter, and who is the prey? The answer is lost in the silence of the battlefield.

"...Golurk, I choose you."

The Poke Ball is tossed with a cold sort of grace from her sleeve, and a moment later the silence is broken by a shudder that shakes the earth as the giant of stone and shadow falls upon it.

close tab

played by

newt

she/her
november 14th
lilycove city
pansexual
private eye/bounty hunter
cadet
i long to be like you, lay cold in the ground like you
awards
18 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maudlin
MAISIE MAUDLIN
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2024 20:33:27 GMT
MAISIE MAUDLIN Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","widecurve"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","charicon"]
the ground quakes under her feet as the golurk appears, standing tall. maisie remains where she is, only selecting a pokeball of her own. her mandibuzz takes the stage, immediately recognizing that it's been called into battle, its stance changing. its wings open, and with a few mighty beats, it takes to the air, circling the golurk. from there, it won't be affected by any ground type attacks, making it ideal for doing battle with the partial ground type.[break][break]

maisie assesses the situation. "...use flatter." the mandibuzz lands in a nearby tree, facing the golurk. elvira proceeds to fluff her feathers up, doing a little dance in front of her opponent, almost as if she's encouraging it. used properly, this will confuse the golurk and raise its special attack. the effect maisie is mostly looking for is the confusion, though. it could allow her the proper opening to strike, if she's lucky.

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]i'll gouge you out with my fangs.[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cloud-moon"]

[newclass=".widecurve"]--accent:#efd364; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .charicon"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/N7XVHRk/maisie-icon-6.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve blockquote b, .widecurve blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .widecurve blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .widecurve blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 340px; padding:50px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 50px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .bottom b, .widecurve .bottom i"]color:var(--accent); } .widecurve .bottom b { font-size:14px!important } .widecurve .bottom u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline solid; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .credit a"]font-size:12px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:100px; bottom:10px; opacity:0.3;[/newclass]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP